Monday, August 28, 2017 / by Carl Anderson
Professional Photography - Why you need to hire the pros when selling your home
Sure, you think listing your property with a few photos you've uploaded on your phone will suffice. But, in today's competitive market, this simply isn't the case. Check out some of these reasons why you need to hire a professional to photograph your home, when listing it for sale.
1. Photos sell - According to the Wall Street Journal, buyers spend 60% of time reviewing photos of homes for sale, versus only about 20% of time online reading seller or agent descriptions of the property.
2. CBSnews.com reports that homes which have higher quality, high resolution photos, receive up to 47% higher offers than the listed asking price on the property.
3. On investordeails.wordpress.com, about 83% of buyers reported that photos were extremely important when they were viewing properties for sale online.
4. Marketleader.com reported that sellers only have about 2 seconds to grab a buyer's attention without photos. This was versus the 20 seconds attention they received when listing a property with photos online.
5. Marketleader.com also reported that homes with photos, are capable of selling for up to $19,000 more, when they list the property with professionally taken photos.
6. Only about 35% of agents outsource and hire professional photographers when listing properties. This after inman.com reports that agents who outsource, can earn up to twice the commission than those who don't hire professionals.
7. Massrealestatenews.com offers the tip to use 10 mm lenses to photograph small rooms or spaces. This helps to open the peripheral view, and help make the rooms look as spacious as possible to buyers.
8. PR Newswire reported the following facts. Homes which have professional photos only sit on the market for about 89 days versus 132 days; further, these properties sell approximately 32% faster than homes which are listed without photos.
9. The Wall Street Journal also reported that only about half of the properties listed online use professional photography. And, only about 1/2 the properties which are listed at over $1 million, use high resolution photographs when listing.
10. The Wall Street Journal also noted (based on the previous point), that homes which are valued at $300,000 or below, won't necessarily sell faster because of high resolution photos.
11. IMOTO PHOTO reports how properties which list the home with photos, receive up to 118% more views online.
12. Another point noted by IMOTO PHOTO is that listings with photos, can sell closer to the asking price, approximately 39% of the time.
13. Imagine receiving 61% more views on your listing. REDFIN reports that homes which have photos, receive far more views than properties which are listed without them.
14. The Wall Street Journal reports that homes which feature professional photos can gain from $934 up to $116,076 in market value.
15. REDFIN also reports properties ranging from $400,000 to $500,000 sell 18% better when listed with photos, within the first 6 months of posting.
Have you had experience posting homes for sale with and without photos? What's your experience been like? Share it with us in the comments below.